dinsdag 19 maart 2013

Irak 410



The Last Letter: A Message to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney From a Dying Veteran

Dear Readers,

Last week, Truthdig columnist Chris Hedges introduced you to wounded veteran Tomas Young, who was paralyzed in Iraq and is currently in hospice care, in his March 10 column“The Crucifixion of Tomas Young.” On the eve of the 10th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Truthdig has published a heartbreaking open letter penned by Young to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney that serves as an incredible indictment of the Bush administration. In “Last Letter,” Young writes:

“I write this letter, my last letter, to you, Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. I write not because I think you grasp the terrible human and moral consequences of your lies, manipulation and thirst for wealth and power. I write this letter because, before my own death, I want to make it clear that I, and hundreds of thousands of my fellow veterans, along with millions of my fellow citizens, along with hundreds of millions more in Iraq and the Middle East, know fully who you are and what you have done. You may evade justice but in our eyes you are each guilty of egregious war crimes, of plunder and, finally, of murder, including the murder of thousands of young Americans -- my fellow veterans -- whose future you stole.”

You can read the rest of Young’s powerful letter, which is part Truthdig’s ongoing dig about America’s forgotten wounded Iraq War veterans, by clicking here.

Sincerely,
The Truthdig Team 

Geen opmerkingen:

Peter Flik en Chuck Berry-Promised Land

mijn unieke collega Peter Flik, die de vrijzinnig protestantse radio omroep de VPRO maakte is niet meer. ik koester duizenden herinneringen ...